Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Cool Little Surf Town of Ericeira

One of our favorite places to visit here in this cool little town of Ericeira.  My good friend (and Portuguese language teacher) Jose introduced our family to this great town.  The first time I visited, Jose has agreed to take me and my visiting parents to see the town and get lunch at his favorite seafood restaurant.



After a very pleasant tour of the town, we ended in this quaint little plaza.  The plaza seemed to be a preserved time capsule and suddenly I imagined the town a few hundred years ago.  There were 17th century buildings and tiles all around us and I had a bit of a time warp experience there.  As I've visited Ericeira since, this beautiful, historical intersection is special and I love to go back to it.  I painted this scene of the spot and have given this painting to Jose as a thank you note for his friendship and the great tour he gave me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment